Thursday 13 August 2015

Empties July 2015

Kia Ora!

July went so quickly for me! I was house-sitting for most of it, and moved back to my own flat over the weekend. It was nice to be home, and I did quite a bit of sorting out. Since I hadn't been home, I had forgotten how many empties I had. It felt good to photograph them all and then throw them away!


This is my Empties box, chock-a-block with things I've used up in July. Wow! I'll start off with hair products.


Garnier Fructis Goodbye Damage Shampoo and Conditioner

I quite liked these, especially for their price. They are good solid products that clean your hair without stripping it too much, and then provide a great shine. I also like the smell, which is a bit herbally/fruity. These leave my hair feeling stronger (and a little bit thicker) which is awesome for someone with really fine hair like myself. I've bought the big sizes for our shower, mainly for my SO to use, but also for me when I just need reliably clean hair.

Repurchase: YES!

Mise en Scene Perfect Repair

This is a conditioner that I got in a Memebox last year. I have been using it as a conditioner although I'm not 100% sure that's how it's supposed to be used. It works well like that though. I like the conditioning properties of this product, as it leaves hair shiny and soft, and seems to make it last like that for several days. What I don't like about this product is the smell. It smells like an off-blend of baby powder. I'm deal with it, and luckily the scent doesn't linger after it's washed out, but I don't like it much. I have another bottle to use up (which I will because sometimes I pretend I live in the Depression era where waste is awful), but I won't go out of my way to find this.

Repurchase: No.


Lush 'Snow Fairy' and 'So White' Shower Gel

I love Lush shower gels. These two are the Christmas Limited Edition scents, and I'm so grateful I was gifted them last year at Christmas. I love the shower gel recipe, regardless of scent. It leaves your skin soft and feeling moisturised, while also works up a great lather to clean you properly. Honestly, I've been trying not to finish these babies, which involves using the tiniest amount of product and it's still amazing. I've been down to half-pea-sized amounts and this still is enough to wash my whole body. Amazing.

Secondly, the scents are wonderful. They smell fantastic while you are in the shower (or bath), and then proceed to linger for hours afterwards too. Snow Fairy is a very sweet candy floss type scent, and very sweet. It's lovely, but a bit sweet for me personally. On the other hand So White is a tart apple scent and I can't get enough of this one. I love the apple notes to it, and how it isn't too sweet. This is certainly my pick for Christmas but both shower gels are great.

Repurchase: Snow Fairy - no. So White - GIVE ME MORE!!


Skinfood Egg White Pore Meringue Foam

This is the cleanser I've been using for the last few months. It's a huge bottle, and took ages to use up. It's not technically empty, but the pump has stopped working properly and I have other cleansers I want to try out. This is a nice cleanser. It's not my favourite, but it does a good job of washing the dirt and grime off my face. The foam is nice and easy to use, doesn't hurt if it gets in my eyes, and doesn't totally dry out my skin. It's from Korea so not the easiest to get hold of in New Zealand, but a decent cleanser if you are in need.

Repurchase: No - but only because I have a backlog of cleansers.

Tosowoong Timeshift Emulsion 

This was the first snail product I used, and began my love of snail mucin. This bottle was huge, and lasted nearly a year. It made my skintone more even, absorbed nicely, and even hydrated a little bit. I really enjoyed using this emulsion and will look into getting some more eventually. For anyone else who wants to try it, you can get it from Korea Depart. 

Repurchase: Eventually.

Oasis Beauty Berry Brightening Tonic

I've said before that this is my holy grail toner, and it really is. I have a noticeable glow after using it, it helps keep my skin clear, and it works to clear up any breakouts I do have. I love the berry smell, and one bottle lasts a few months. It's a great toner, but I have a few Memebox ones to use up before I can repurchase. I've been through 3 bottles before so I know it's a good toner, and have no problems highly recommending it to everyone. I usually get it from the Oasis Beauty website, and their postage is pretty fast.

Repurchase: Soon, precious, soon.


Nivea Men Volcanic Mud Foam Face Wash

This one was used by my SO. His opinion follows:

It's good, and smells nice. It makes your skin feel soft, and heats your face a little if you leave it on for ages. It's a smooth cream, in an opaque gray colour. It foams nicely, and leaves your face feeling fresh and clean.

Repurchase: Yes.

Tosowoong 10 Hours Professional Treatment 

I've had several of these in the last few Empties posts, and I love this hair product. Soft, smooth, shiny hair that lasts for a few days.


Repurchase: I have lots of these as backup, so it's already been taken care of.



Palmetto Retinol & Peptide Lifting Eye Cream

I got this in a Bonjour Jolie box, and loved being able to try a new beauty brand. This eye cream is actually fantastic. It plumped my undereye area well, and got rid of some of the dark circles. This looked like a tiny sample amout (3.5g) to start with, but it lasted about 2-3 months. If this wasn't so hard to get hold of in New Zealand, I would get it again in a second.


Repurchase: Yes, if I ever go to the US.

Chocolate Lavender Tub Tea

This was also in a period subscription box (I can't remember if it was Bonjour Jolie or Madame Ladybug). I tried it out in the bath while I was housesitting last month, and wasn't that impressed honestly. It had epsom salts in it, and rolled oats. The rolled oats were quite weird and there wasn't a very strong scent (although that could be because I was using Lush products before this one). It was a nice relaxing bath, but not the best one I'd ever have.


Repurchase: No.


Shara Shara Gold Label

This is a thick night cream, one I received in a Memebox last year, and is packed full of snails. It's another one of my holy grail products, and I'm quite upset that it's finished. This cream is a thick cream, that feels fantastic. It helps with hyperpigmentation, hydration, and has enough snails in it to make my snail-obsessed heart sing. It's a little pricey, and I still have a Meme-stash to get through, but it's top of the list when I'm buying products again.


Repurchase: Eventually, but top of the list.

Well that's it folks. My skincare routine was rather decimated this month, and my face is having some issues while it adjusts (because who doesn't love having tons of pimples).

Has anyone else tried any of these products?

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment