Thursday 21 May 2015

Bonjour Jolie May 2015

Kia Ora!

I was so impressed with the Bonjour Jolie box I subscribed to their monthly box. I love that you get a box of various pampering things every month, along with some useful supplies. Bonjour Jolie offers lots of options for feminine hygeine products, allowing you to choose between pads, tampons, and disposable menstrual cups depending on personal preference. You can mix and match, and change your choices month to month as well. This is $16USD. There is also an option simply to receive the pampering products, and I've opted for this option. I already own more pads and tampons than I can use, so I don't need to accumulate any more. This option is $10USD per month + shipping. Shipping to New Zealand is $14.50, which is a bit expensive but I think it's worth it.


The box appears to be lovingly packaged, and I can't wait to see what's inside!


The card, with all that delicious info. The box for this month is all about Nepal, and supporting Nepalese women. I think that's amazing, particularly in a time of need for Nepal.


I love that everything comes packaged in cute bags! The dark pink one the bracelet is in is my favourite!


Nepali Seed-bead Cuff Bracelet - $14

This bracelet is really awesome. I love that it is handmade, and I think it will make a great accessory. I tend to wear a lot of black, so this will help break some of that up with a bit of colour. The best thing is that buying a bracelet like this will support Nepalese women build their own businesses. Their website is here.


Organic Lilac Blossoms Lotion - $12

This one is a Bonjour Jolie product. Lotion is always a lovely pampering treat, and I can't wait to try this one out. It's an organic formula, and 50% of the proceeds from the sales go to the relief effort in Nepal. Yay! I'm going to leave this closed for now, as I have about 15 other lotions to work through before I can even attempt trying this one.


Summer's Eve Cleansing Cloth

Something useful! I love these for days when you just don't feel great, and don't want to feel gross.

Advil

I think this is the American version of ibuprofen (and looking at the ingredients that's exactly what it is). I'm not going to say no, although I find panadol to be more effective for that time of the month myself.


Himalayan Sole Stone bath

This is something quite different. It has to do with salt, and stimulation of skin, and baths. I don't personally have a bath, but I will probably re-gift this, or steal someone's bath for a day. It's something very cool to receive in any case.


Moringa Hi-Chew Candy - $3
Garden Lucky Candy
Imei Cream Wafers - Coconut - $1
Hello Panda Cookies

I love that there are lots of lollies in this box. None of these are from Nepal, but they are from surrounding countries. China, Singapore, Taiwan, Indonesia. I've never tried (or even heard of) most of these lollies, and I'm really excited to try them. I love that I get to try lollies from outside of New Zealand, and think it's a neat feature of this box.


Snapple single tea sachets

I swear I've heard of Snapple before - is it some sort of American thing? These are packets of powder that you dissolve in water (I'm not sure how much as I can't  be bothered doing a Google conversion of imperial to metric right now), and then drink. So I think it's more like Raro juice drinks? I'm a little sad there aren't actual tea bags, but I'm more than happy to try out a new product I've never heard of before. These are in Raspberry Tea, Peach Tea, and Original Green Tea flavours. Should be interesting!

Well, I'm pretty happy with that box. I am excited to try the tea and lollies, and I love the luxury pampering products. I can't wait for my next box, which is something I haven't felt about a subscription box in a while. I can highly recommend Bonjour Jolie, not only for the curation of their boxes but from their amazing customer service.

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment