Wednesday 6 May 2015

April 2015 Empties

Kia Ora!

I'm always amazed at how many things I manage to finish during a one month period, and I can't wait to talk about them all. There was quite a bit of tea this month as it has been getting colder and I love a hot cuppa during winter. Read on to see what other goodies I finished up during April. 



Dilmah Exceptional Rose with French Vanilla

I've had this box at work (because the generic cheap tea bags in the tea room aren't particularly appealing) and it has been great. This is a dark black tea, with rose flavouring. That sounds kind of strange, but it tastes fantastic, and smells amazing too. This is loose leaf tea in tea bags, and I love that you get the flavour of loose leaf without the hassle or mess. I love loose leaf, but at work it is just too hard, so this is perfect.

Repurchase: Yes!

Tea with Alice Kiss Me Now

Since this is the first packet I finished from my first Tea with Alice subscription, I'd say it was well loved. Check out the full review I did a recently for more information.

Repurchase: Yes!

Healtheries Green Tea with NZ Blueberry

I'm not a huge fan of green tea, but this was a nice one. It tasted mostly of blueberries, and the scent was really delicious. It has been in the cupboard for about 6-9 months though, so I haven't gone through it at any great pace.

Repurchase: No, as green tea isn't really my jam.


Etude House My Beauty Tool Cotton Puff

I love these cotton pads. I use them for toner, eye makeup remover, and any other random job when I'm doing my skincare routine. They are soft and sturdy, while also being nice and cheap. I bought these from Etude House in Korea, and have about 6 back-ups as well. I love these, and wouldn't be without them.


Repurchase: Yes, when I eventually run out.


Schwarzkopf Extra Care Hair Repair Hair Refill Shampoo and Conditioner

 I think I got these in the first Beauty Review Beauty Box (BRBB). I loved that they sent a set to try, as I've had too many single bottles of shampoo from Goodiebox and Memebox over the last year or so. I really liked using these. They had a masculine scent, but that wasn't overpowering in these products. The shampoo was a purple colour which was a bit odd, but cool. They made my hair noticeably thicker and stronger, and I'm quite sad these are finished.

Repurchase: Yes, after using up the current shampoo stash.

Schwarzkopf Extra Care Hair Repair Push-Up Volume Conditioner

I bought this as I always run out of conditioner before the shampoo. I've used it in conjunction with the last few shampoos that have appeared in my empties. It has an apple scent, which is delicious. I liked that it conditioned my hair, and it did give some volume. I don't think this product was overly spectacular though. A solid product, but nothing to write home about.

Repurchase: If in need, but not overly enthused.


These three all appeared in my Project Pan, which you can find here, here or here. I'm not going to say much about these, except I'm a bit glad they are finished. I was sick of them by the end of my Project Pan. Don't tell anyone but the deodorant isn't even finished. I won't be buying that one again, simply because the packaging isn't my cup of tea. The hand cream was very meh, but the body lotion was a good product. That is probably the only one I'd think of repurchasing.


John Plunkett Glyco Peel

This was from a Violet Box (in July or so last year). I got it out to start using, and the product came out brown. I checked around with some friends, and they all thought it should be clear gel. I decided I didn't want to risk putting it on my face, so I'm throwing it out.

Repurchase: Nope, it's too scary that the product will go off again.

Mercure and Me Body Lotion

This is something I swiped from a motel/hotel at some point (coz we all do that even if we won't admit it). I decided it was time to use it up, and I quite liked it. The lotion smelled average, but it sunk into my skin quickly and left my skin feeling soft and hydrated.

Repurchase: I don't think I can, but grab this if you see it!

Mor Neroli Clementine Hand Cream

I already know that I love the formulation of Mor Hand Cream, but this flavour is delicious. It smells a bit like the Satsuma body butter from The Body Shop, but I like this version better. It is wonderful to use as hand cream, sinks in well and leaves your hands feeling lovely.

Repurchase: Yes, once I've worked through the near endless amount of hand cream I have from old Memeboxes.


The Body Shop Frosted Cranberry Shower Gel

This is the Christmas special release scent, and I fell in love. I bought several of the shower gels, a couple of the perfumes, and the exfoliating scrub. So I have several backups to tide me over until next year. Phew! I love the scent of cranberries in this range, it is quite sweet but I like those types of scents. The shower gel is a good product, with plenty of lather, and it cleans me well while also leaving my skin not too dry. I'm sad this is finished, but I can open another one to play with.

Repurchase: This is limited edition, so no.


Fuss Free Naturals Natural Facial Cleansing Wipes Green Tea and Vitamin C

I love these wipes. I'm not sure if you can buy them in New Zealand, as they are an Australian brand. I got them in a Lust Have It box or Violet Box last year. These wipes are fantastic. Not only do they remove dust, grime and makeup easily, but they also make my face feel refreshed. The scent is light and delicious, a wee bit citrusy. One side is flat, as per normal face wipes, and the other side is slightly bumpy which helps with slight exfoliation and removing all the dirt and grossness from your skin. Overall, I can't get enough of these, and I'm really sad that they are finished.

Repurchase: Yes, if I can get my hands on them.

And that's a wrap on April Empties. There were quite a few throughout the month, some of which I was sad to have used up. But at least it is helping my hoarding tendancies, as these posts are motivation to use up products rather than hanging on to that last little bit for sentiments sake.

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment