Monday 1 September 2014

Goodiebox - August 2014

Kia Ora!

This month's Goodiebox arrived bright and early this morning, making the gross weather seem insignificant. 


Phew, I'm glad to see they have gone back to the normal packaging. I know lots of people liked the pink, but I'm just not a fan. Plain brown I can work with!


Red tissue paper this month, and adorable felt butterflies on the card. The theme is Be ready, be beautiful!



Oooh, it looks good so far. Let's get into the details though. The card is below for those who like the extra product information.


Erk, I accidentally chopped off the discount code. It's included at the bottom of this post.


Ecostore Extra Moisturising  Body Lotion

I don't really have a body lotion on the go right now, so this is a lovely little sample to get. Ecostore has been sending out little samples like this a lot recently, and I'm keen to try more from the brand. It's GE and cruelty free, which is a big draw for some people.

This smells nice; a little herby, and citrusy? It rubs in really well, sinking into my skin quickly and without leaving a greasy residue. Yay!

RRP: $15.00 (full size 220ml)
Sample size (35ml): $2.39


Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes

I've been seeing little travel sized packets of wipes in tons of other boxes, and been dying to get my hands on some. They seem like the perfect travel sized packet, and I haven't found anywhere to actually buy them. So I'm pretty stoked with these.

I haven't tried Simple before, and it looks like a lovely, eco-friendly brand. I didn't want to open the packet in case of drying out the wipes but I'm sure these will appear in an empties post at some point!

RRP: $9.50 (full size 25 wipes)
Sample size (7 wipes): $2.66


Glamourflage Halo Helen Facial Cleanser

This was the spoiler this month, and it looks awesome! I've never heard of the brand before, but I'm happy to get this. It smells like delicious apples! I have a backlog of cleansers, thanks to Memebox, but I'm happy to have this one and will use it.

RRP: $22.50
Full size


Comvita Manuka Pure Hydrating Night Moisturiser

I'm nearly out of my current night moisturiser (as in, it will be used up in the next few days), so this couldn't have come at a better time. I'm lucky to have normal/combination skin which means I'm always happy to try out new products without a worry.

This is a thin lotion, and spreads easily. It sinks in quickly, and has a faint honey scent. I'm really excited to start using this one. I'm also impressed that it is brand new on the market, and we get to trial it first! That's so exciting.

RRP: $55.00 (full size 50ml)
Sample size (15ml): $16.50


Angel Argan Active Oxygen Instant Repair Shampoo and Conditioner

I love this brand. We've gotten a few of their samples from Goodiebox in previous months, and I'm stoked to see a different shampoo and conditioner combo to try. This brand is so great, it makes your hair look absolutely fabulous, and smells delicious.

I am a bit peeved about getting samples that I could get for free though. I bought a full-size of this range for my birthday, and the saleswoman gave me a whole bunch of these packets to try out. I'm sure if you just went up and asked it would be the same. So I'm happy but also not happy.

RRP: $29.95 (full size 300ml)
Sample size (16ml shampoo, 16ml conditioner): $3.19



Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

I got this in the colour 015 Cherish/Devotion. It is a bright, Barbie pink. It's not the type of colour I normally wear, but maybe I'll get out of my comfort zone and give it a go in public.

The chubby stick is easy to use, smells like mint, and is really nourishing on my lips. The colour payoff is fantastic, and the stain lasts long after the actual lip product has worn off. I swatched it (below), and the stain will not come off despite some intense attempts at removal. That's a good thing, right?

RRP: $22.50
Full size


Swatchety-swatch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total value of the box: $69.74

This isn't the highest value box I've ever received, but I'm really happy with it. I'll use every single product in here (eventually), and I'm really excited about some of them. I was under the impression that with the price increase we would be getting more full-size products and less samples, but on checking back that was never said. So I'm a little uneasy about the price hike in combination with so many sample products, but I really like all the products! 

There is also a discount code for Comvita included for Goodieboxers. If you enter ManukaPure25 at the checkout (on the Comvita website) you can get 25% off until September 30. 

I'm going to call this box a great one, because of the overall awesomeness of the products in the box. Did anyone get anything different? Are you happy with what's in the box? 

If you are interested in signing up to Goodiebox, think about using the code C7H973292CN4 to help me out. Check out my playlist of Goodiebox posts in the Subscription box tab at the top of the page. 

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment