Monday 8 September 2014

Empties - August 2014

Kia Ora!

I love reading everyone else's empties posts, and I'm really happy to finally throw all this rubbish out! 


Dial Body Wash - Cranberry and AntiOxidant Pearls

I got this body wash in my Black Box awhile ago. It was a nice body wash. It did all the things it was supposed to do; lather up, be all soapy, clean me, smell delicious. The pearls were a bit gimmicky, I didn't notice any real effect from them. It is a decent body wash, but I was really sick of it by the end of the bottle. This is probably just because I've received some exciting products in recent Memeboxes though.

7/10
Repurchase: No, but only because I have others to use up.



Johnson's Facial Cleansing Wipes

I really liked these wipes for removing makeup. I don't wear it often so it takes me AGES to get through a packet of these. These wipes smelt nice and clean, removed most makeup easily and left my face feeling clean and smooth. They weren't great for eye makeup, but I think mascara is generally hard to remove anyway. I liked these, and would be happy to use again.

7/10
Repurchase: No, as I have a stockpile of others.


L'Oreal Revitalift Magic Blur

I think I got this out of a magazine. I gave it a go one day while at home playing with makeup. I hated it. It did seem to do that silicone, smooth out my face thing, but I found it to be really greasy, and it didn't work well when putting other makeup overtop. This could be due to user error, because I'm not really great at using new makeup products, and I don't think I really used it correctly, but I will not be interested in using this anytime soon.

2/10
Repurchase: Hell NO.


Lush Gorgeous Face Moisturiser

I picked this up as a sample from Lush, and I love it so much. It smells fantastic, and sinks into my skin really fast. There is no greasy residue, just softened and moisturised skin. If I could use this everyday I would be one happy lady. However, I'm fairly certain there is a hefty price-tag attached to this product, and I have a ton of other face moisturisers so I can't rebuy. I can highly recommend this one, and it is permanently on my wishlist!

9/10
Repurchase: When I win Lotto!


Swisspers Cotton Rounds

I got these from a Goodiebox a few months ago. They are a necessity for me, especially considering my excessive love for my Oasis Beauty toner. These are the perfect size, and the pads are of a high quality which means they don't fall apart while in use. I have already bought some more (although I could only find this brand so there was a huge lack of choice available). I'm pretty happy with these though, and have no complaints. Not the most exciting product in the world, but something that every bathroom should have stocked.

8/10
Repurchase: Yes.


Purederm Nose Pore Strips - Cacao flavour

I really like using these. I received them in my Cacao Memebox, and I'm pretty happy to have been able to try them. They really help with the unsightly blackheads on my nose, and are a good solid product. These are chocolate flavour, and the strips smell fantastic! The smell is offset by the brown residue left on the nose on removal, and I have consistently had to use cleanser to remove the last traces of the strip.

6/10
Repurchase: No.


Schwartzkopf Rescue Repair Hair Shot

This one is from last month's Goodiebox, the Birthday edition. I'm really happy to have gotten this as it is a great little product. I got three uses out of it (the joys of super fine hair), and I'm happy with that. This product was really liquidy, and did separate between uses. However it shook up easily, and was pretty simple to apply to wet hair. The smell is more chemical than anything else, but that's ok. I found that my hair seemed thicker after use, was less damaged (or appeared that way), and in general felt pretty amazing after using this product. I have no idea where to buy this from, but I would if I could. It was a great inclusion in Goodiebox.

8/10
Repurchase: Maybe, if I can find it.


Masks - of all types!

I've put all these masks in the same picture because I'm planning a new blog series, called Masked Madness. I'm not going to do this monthly because that seems too restrictive (and all my posts seem to build up if I do them monthly), but I'll just do these on an ad hoc basis. I'll be linking to this when it is published, and it will go through details of each of these masks. These are the ones I used in August, and they were all reasonably decent. Check back for more details at a later date. 

Well that's all for now folks. Any random thoughts, comments, agreements, or disagreements, please expand upon in the comments section. 

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment