Tuesday 22 July 2014

Memebox Special #11 Cacao

Kia Ora!

Today I got my first Memebox, and I'm so excited about it!! I've been drooling over these boxes for months and I finally broke down and bought three for myself. I did win another one in a Facebook competition (blog post coming when it arrives) and that prompted my own purchases. 

I did receive three, but for the purposes of not overloading this blog, I'm going to stagger the posts about them.
Here is the first one: the delicious chocolate-scented box!
If it's still available you can find it here. They do sell out really quick though so you may have to settle for another of their numerous boxes.


Oooh the products look so exciting!



The card (i.e. the Bible of Memeboxes) for informative purposes.




Cacao Brightening Mask

Yay a face mask! I've been wanting one (and after my disappointing experience with the Trilogy one from mybeautystore.com - see here for the juicy details) I'm really excited to try this one. 

It comes in a glass jar and looks really fancy. The product is a deep brown and smells like freshly-baked chocolate cake. I put a little on my hand and it is quite sticky, but as I've never used anything like this before I'm not sure if that is good or bad. 
(I may or may not have licked my fingers, and the products tastes like chocolate mixed with weird chemicals.)

Overall, excited to get this and give it a go. I'll possibly post reviews once I've used the products so anyone following can see how they worked in application. 

RRP: $38
Full size


Vitamin Cleansing Dessert Magic Cream Soap 
Coconut and Cacao

Apparently this is a cleanser. It doesn't smell as chocolate-y as the other products, but still smells great. I've just started using a new cleanser so it may be some time until I get around to this one.

It claims to be a foaming cleanser with micro foam particles to help cleanse the skin. The product looks like it is baked in the pot, so I'm not sure exactly how it will work out but expect a report back (eventually).

RRP: $18
Full size


Choosy Lip Scrub Chocolate

This one looks awesome too. I've already got a lip scrub open so I'm leaving this one sealed for now. However it looks like a huge product and the chocolate scent is 'smell-able' through the packaging. 

RRP: $11
Full size


Milk Talk

This one is probably the most useful to me in a practical way. It is a body wash, or bath milk. I don't have a bath, but I now have an overwhelming desire to smell like chocolate after my shower. I'm going to be implementing this immediately! 

This one smells exactly like chocolate milk, a Primo or something similar, and I love it. The product is thin and looks like a typical body wash texture. The packaging is really cute and I'm very excited to start using this one. 

RRP: $7
Full size


Nose Pore Choco Cacao - 6

I have only tried one of these before and have been waiting for someone to send me some more in a box. They are very expensive everywhere I've looked for them so I'm happy to have these. I sense a pamper night coming on soon!

RRP: $6
Full size

Pure Smile Mask Chocolate Milk

I've really gotten into masks since starting this subscription box obsession. I'm excited to have another one to try out and will be happy to do this one night. It might have to wait till the weather is a bit warmer though as the last one I tried was freezing, which made it quite uncomfortable. Masks might be a better idea for me in summer!

RRP: $1
Full size

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall I'm really stoked with this box. Everything looks to be of high quality, is a full size, and smells like chocolate. I can't wait to get into some of the products.

Total value of the box: $81

Considering I paid about $23 for the box the value is certainly worth it. 

Now please excuse me while I go and make myself over into a chocolate bar!

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment